Wednesday, December 8, 2010

I Beg To Differ

Reverb10: Beautifully Different. Think about what makes you different and what you do that lights people up. Reflect on all the things that make you different – you’ll find they’re what make you beautiful. (Author: Karen Walrond)

What makes me different? Tough question. Do I have to brag?
I put pretty good sentences together in writing, though I have a penchant for typos.
I move at my own pace, but I get the job done.
I probably share too much of my story, but when I do, I usually get an even better story back. I can pull a tale out of anybody — especially in writing — and just when they think it's done, I can pull just a little more.
My favorite food in the world is a summer-ripe tomato. 
I can look into my pantry or my fridge and in 30 minutes, create something good out of what I find. 
I'm pretty good at arranging flowers but terrible at growing them.
I've taken some nice photographs.
I can get very lost in thought, get drawn full tilt into a good book.
I listen (though my children would not agree.) 
I still believe in Santa Claus, despite the fact that he never brought me that Mystery Date game. 
I like to surprise people, and I write creative cards on their presents. (And I can't WAIT until Christmas this year because of the surprises I have planned.)
I am obsessed with bluebirds.
I collect nativity scenes and Santa Clauses.
I think I'm funny, sometimes. 
I believe in God
My eyes have been described at "ice water blue" (35 years ago, and tired as they are today, I still can't forget it.)
I've been told my stories have been posted in the fridge (and not just in my mother's house.) Not that's different!
I have written three books, (only one of which anybody really knows about.)
I'm a sucker for a puppy.
I remember my dreams, even some from childhood. (I once dreamed that Jesus was walking down the road with me.)
I can spell paraphernalia.
I love to sing but don't know how.
I like to look at the world upside down.
I can see the big picture, but can capture the moment.
I cry (a lot)
I think (a lot)
I get homesick, even now.














1 comment:

  1. I look forward to opening a door on the advent calendar and reading your reverb musings everyday. What a lovely way to watch the year spin round to its close.

    ReplyDelete