Sunday, December 19, 2010

The Behinder I Get

Ok, so it's Sunday morning, and I have to get to church then come home and make three dishes for an open house I'm helping host for a young couple about to be married (and it turns out I should have made one of the dishes last night)... and so since I don't get the REVERB10 email this morning I go to the site to see what today's prompt is and I find out that I have missed not one but TWO prompts since Thursday (what happened to my Friday? And my Saturday? Oh, Christmas will be over in a week, so there's that.) And so now, if I am to get caught up, I have to learn something, decide to try something and heal something, all in the same day, all in about 10 minutes so I'll have time to at least brush my teeth before I head out to church.
December 19 – Healing What healed you this year? Was it sudden, or a drip-by-drip evolution? How would you like to be healed in 2011? (Author: Leoni Allan)
December 18 – Try What do you want to try next year? Is there something you wanted to try in 2010? What happened when you did / didn’t go for it? (Author: Kaileen Elise)
December 17 – Lesson Learned What was the best thing you learned about yourself this past year? And how will you apply that lesson going forward? (Author: Tara Weaver)
So I will take them in backwards order: What did I learn about myself? That when I put my mind to it, I can think about how to make people around me happy. I can surprise them. I can support them. I can help them remember. I can give them joy. So, it 2011, I will (try) to put my mind to it.
What do I want to try? To write every day. Like this. Better than this. To finish what I started, but I have said that here in the past 19 days a lot already. 2011 WILL be the year I finish that novel, find an agent, get going with it.
I also want to try to be more mindful of and responsive to the needs of others. To exercise every day. I have gotten WAY off track on that one this year, blaming it at first on a workout injury, then on the weather, the job, the time of day. If you think about it, this could apply to the whole healing thing. 
Not sure I was healed of anything this year, though my exercise injury is a lot better this morning, but next year? To be healed of what ages me, and that covers a lot of territory.

2 comments:

  1. I am trying to hold myself to writing every day as well, with moderate success at the moment. Courtesy of reverb10, I am excited to cheer you on during this journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One day at at time...one word at a time.. one foot in front of the other..... you are doing it. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete