Sunday, December 12, 2010

11 Things, Mind Body & Soul

12/11 Reverb10: What are 11 things your life doesn’t need in 2011? How will you go about eliminating them? How will getting rid of these 11 things change your life? (Author: Sam Davidson)


1) 11 pounds (at least) 
2) failure to launch
3) clutter: mind AND matter
4) dreams about not making it to class
5) dreams about making it to class but w/o my homework
6) one more thingamagig that comes with an online user guide
7) two few completed sentences
8) my muffin top
9) a beachless summer
10) a day without exercise
11) being late


How will I go about ridding my life of these things? 
eat less, move more, rise early, set outread more, write more, clear out, slow down, catch up, clean up, breathe in (and out), twist/shout, smell the sea, kick the sand, let go, let God. And pray He catches me, when I attempt that launch.


12/ 12 – Body Integration. This year, when did you feel the most integrated with your body? Did you have a moment where there wasn’t mind and body, but simply a cohesive YOU, alive and present? (Author: Patrick Reynolds)


Cohesive me? Now THAT'S funny. Maybe every time I enjoyed that first catchup-dipped fry from Cloos'? You have got to be kidding, right? Maybe next year I'll take a shot at it though. I probably just misunderstood the question.  Oh, and by the way, shouldn't it be "a moment when?" (a place where) — or was I just late to class that day and didn't do my homework? 
sbr

1 comment:

  1. This made sense to me as a guy. All you have to do to be integrated with your middle-aged body is to finally, after 25 swings at the batting cage, finally, finally smack a softball on the sweet part of the bat and have it go ringing off the pitching machine assembly on a smoked line drive. Then, a split second after that, you are not integrated anymore and you feel a twinge in your back. Alas, poor sacroiliac. I knew him, Horatio.

    ReplyDelete